Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the road again...

So my stint as hard-working teacher of "talented" kids has come and gone, and I find myself again in the same hostel in Puebla as before going to Cholula. I am back to the life of half-showers with Dr. Bronner's all-in-one soap, saggy mattresses with many bunkmates, meals taken alone, and only occasional conversations with strangers. But I am also re-entering the world of minimal responsibility, of unknown (mis)adventure, of time with my own thoughts, of new places. I miss some of the creature comforts and routine of working at the camp, but what I will feel the lack of more so is the company of some of the good people I met there.

Meanwhile, I am about to head to Oaxaca, but there is a bit of turmoil there and I am overhearing some travellers here deciding against their trip there based on the political troubles. I am going to go anyway, but keeping on a high guard and prepared to curtail my stay at a moment's notice.

As always, please send your notes and comments. They are more welcome than ever.

No comments: